TUC Education free webinars
Watch live or after on replay - you can register easily to watch
Sexual Harassment advice and tackling ONLINE Hate crime
Workers' Rights - manifestos analysed
The Institute of Employment Rights (to which WB&DTUC is affiliated) has analysed the parties' manifesto effects on your rights at work if Tories or Labour are elected at the general election - use your vote wisely to protect and improve your rights.
Wolverhampton City of Sanctuary
Wolverhampton City of Sanctuary https://wolverhampton.cityofsanctuary.org/ seeks to help and support asylum seekers and refugees in and around Wolverhampton, and encouraged Wolverhampton City Council to make a public commitment to Wolverhampton becoming a place of welcome and safety by adopting the title of ‘City of Sanctuary’.
Employment Law Changes
in 2013: A number of significant changes will be made to employment law this year. See the briefing from Thompsons Solicitors here.....
National Minimum Wage rates increase
- adult hourly rate of the national minimum wage 25 years+ is £7.83. From 1st April 2019 it will be £8.21
- adult hourly rate of the national minimum wage 21-24 years is £7.38. From 1st April 2019 it will be £7.70
- development rate (which covers workers aged 18-20 years) is £5.90. From 1st April 2019 it will be £6.15
- rate for 16 to 17-year-olds is £4.20/hour. From 1st April 2019 it will be £4.35
- for apprentices under the age of 19 and those aged 19 and over in the first 12 months of their apprenticeship, the apprentice minimum wage rate is £3.70 per hour. From 1st April 2019 it will be £3.90.
Millions benefit from extra holiday April 09
Minimum holiday entitlement has risen to 28 days
Trade union courses locally 2019
Union Reps Stage 1 10 x Mondays 9 am – 4 pm
Health & Safety Stage 1 ten Tuesdays
Working in the UK - a guide to your rights
Free online TUC Employment Rights guide - ‘Working in the UK - a guide to your rights’
The TUC’s ‘Working in the UK - a guide to your rights’ is now available in 21 languages altogether and contains information on subjects such as minimum wages, health and safety and how to join a union.
This resource is available to view for free and guides in a selection of the languages are available in PDF downloadable form.