Can you help us test and develop a new TUC website to keep workers safe as our workplaces start up again after lockdown?
Union campaigning won a new government duty on employers to conduct Covid-Secure risk assessments if they have more than 5 staff. The guidance says they should also publish these on their websites if they have 50 staff.
But as there’s no central directory reporting on them, very few employers so far are publishing them, and we fear many are ignoring their duties altogether.
Particularly if you work in retail, construction, hospitality, manufacturing or distribution, and your employer is starting a return to work (or has been working throughout) can you please spare some time to check out a new website we are developing?
The idea behind https://covidsecurecheck.uk/ is to increase transparency in employers’ risk assessments and the safety provision they’re making for their workers. The website lets workers:
- Add a risk assessment they’ve found, or flag an employer that hasn’t published.
- Join a survey panel to help crowdsource safety data on workplaces as more return.
- Get advice on how to address safety concerns in the workplace.
As a union rep, your thoughts and help will be hugely useful in building this new resource.
If you’ve got time, please
- Add a record for your employer or another in your sector
- Become a COVID-Secure Monitor, and join our survey panel
Thanks for your help in making our workplaces safer as members come back to work.
also see UNITE Equalities COVID-19 CHECKLIST for ACTION https://unitetheunion.org/media/3106/unite-next-steps-covid19-equalities-checklist2.pdf