Ahead of the Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham, thousands of ordinary workers marched to call time on failed austerity and instead to campaign for a new deal for working people.
Our message could not be clearer. There is an alternative:
- We need a minimum wage of £10 an hour, now.
- Ban those exploitative zero hours contracts.
- Fund our NHS and public services properly.
- Repeal the trade union act which makes it harder for us to stand up for working people.
- Crack down on tax dodgers who starve our schools and hospitals of funding.
Together – we can build a growing economy for the many not the few. Together – we can nurture a society free from sexism, racism and discrimination. And together – we can win the New Deal working people are crying out for.
Ten volunteers from Wolves TUC & Peoples Assembly leafleted for this demo at Wolverhampton train station from 7.30am on Thursday 27th September.