- showcasing the vital work unions do in the workplace and society,
- promoting recruitment to the trade union movement, support organising, and to help deliver lasting change in workplaces.
#heartunions week 8-14 February 2021
Wolverhampton TUC run a paid advertising campaign on social media using the abopve two recruitment adverts, during #heartunions week 8-14 Feb. Over 8,000 working age people from Wolverhampton saw them. There was a good response with 80 people clicking to join a union
#heartunions images for social media can be downloaded from https://www.tuc.org.uk/heartunions-materials-and-merchandise
more info on
- TUC Unions at the heart of health and safety: an update 10 February Hear the latest Covid health and safety rules and guidance vital for union reps and members, with opportunities to discuss and ask questions. We will explore how the current rules for the coronavirus are out-dated as well as the impact of vulnerable groups and workers.
- Campaign planning for union activists 10 February
- Social Media workshop - Thursday 11 February This webinar from social media expert and union member Ashley Riley will help you and empower you to use social media to help spread the message of the real difference we make.
- Value of unions in the West Midlands- Thursday 11 February 6pm
Our very popular activity, giving out Valentine's flowers while having more than 300 union conversations in Wolverhampton, Bilston & Wednesfield 2020
We ran stalls on Sat 8th Feb 2020 at Wednesfield market and Sun 9th Feb at Bilston market and Wolverhampton market on Fri 14 Feb.
Volunteers from UNITE, UCU, UNISON, FBU, PCS, GMB and South West CLP helped.
2020: Embedding a culture of recruiting and organising
2019: We gave out Valentine's flowers and our own union leaflets and engaged hundreds in conversations about trade unons as part of national TUC #heartunions week
Bilston market Sunday 10th February 2019
#heartunions weekend - even more successful involving 15 different delegates and supporters in Wednesfield & Bilston, along with music from Tim Martin. Unite, Unison, CWU, PCS, MU, GMB, FBU, UCU and Students union. Over 300 people engaged with and given trade union recruitment info, details of our TUC and a Valentines flower.
Wednesfield market Saturday 9th February 2019
Sunday 11th February Bilston Market stall
Saturday 10th February 2018 Wednesfield High St stall
Tim Martin (Musician's Union) joined us on our stalls to perform some of his songs
Every job should be a great job https://www.tuc.org.uk/campaigns/every-job-should-be-great-job
The Great Jobs Agenda is a charter for everyone to see whether you're in a great job, that unions can use to negotiate with employers to improve things, employers can use to check how they're doing, and we all can use to campaign for government action.
We want workers to know when their job is a great job or a rubbish job, we want employers to sign up to make all their jobs great jobs, and we want MPs and councillors to commit to making great jobs for all a possibility.
The Great Jobs Agenda says all workers must:
be paid fairly
work in a safe and healthy workplace
be treated decently
have regular hours
get a voice on what matters at work; and
get the chance to get on in life
Five actions to take to make your job great https://www.tuc.org.uk/great-jobs-agenda-fives-actions-you-can-take
UNISON, UNITE, UCU and GMB members joined Wolverhampton & Bilston TUC's campaigning; six came out in the snow in Wednesfield and seven in the rain in Bilston to hand out out Valentine flowers and spread the trade union message as part of a national campaigning week.