Friends of the Earth Cop26 Wolverhampton rally
Saturday 6 November 11-30-2pm at West Park bandstand https://www.facebook.com/events/471759590554932/
also Birmingham Cop 26 protest - join the trade union bloc Eastside Gardens, Millenium Point
Saturday 6 November 12 noon
The UK Government is hosting “COP26” - the UN global climate summit - in Glasgow this November. This summit is where world leaders will come together to decide our future.
The global climate emergency is here and now, already exacerbating natural disasters and human inequalities and will shape the coming years. We urgently need action that reduces carbon emissions while protecting and creating good, green jobs and a more equal society.
Yet despite the global trade union movement ensuring that previous COP summits have agreed to call for a “just transition” (i.e. one that protects workers and our communities) our Government is not doing nearly enough for workers.
That is why we are supporting the call from the COP26 Coalition for trade unions and workers to join the global day of action for climate justice on November 6th.
On the day of action, there will be major demonstrations in cities across the UK, as well as countless others across the world.
The Trade Union Caucus within the COP26 Coalition is working with unions and trades councils across the country to ensure there are big, united and powerful “Trade Union & Workers Blocs” (i.e sections) on each demonstration.
supported by Midlands TUC who are encouraging unions and supporters to:
- Affiliate to the coalition/mobilisation here
- Registering to attend the bloc here
- Sharing the bloc registration page with members and co-workers, encouraging them to register and to leave a message of support: here
- Promoting in workplaces using flyers & posters found here & the pledge sheet found here
- Passing the model motion found here
- Cascading a version of this message around your union networks