Secretary's Supplementary Report January 2011
Wolverhampton, Bilston & District TUC firstname.lastname@example.org
WB&DTUC proposed change to rule 5
“5) Composition of Executive Committee …… At meetings of the Executive Committee seven elected members, including Officers, shall form a quorum.”
Replace “seven” with “three”.
Nominations needed for President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Secretary
Nomination for Executive Committee; Vera Kelsey (CWU)
Len Aldis confirmed as speaker at our AGM
Branches that have affiliated for 2011: UNITE 5/998, UNITE 0758M, CWU (W’ton), POA, Community Hall Palm & 17000, UNISON University, NUT, ATL, PCS(West Mercia) – NEED TO GET OTHER 14 branches re-affiliated ASAP – VOLUNTEERS?
1) Urgent matters arising from December minutes – invite to Paul Uppal, cheque to Walsall H&S, letter to Stoke Council re International Brigade, Palestine ASDA boycott has been put on website
2.1. TUC registration and conference observer forms for AGM
2.2. WM County Assoc TUCs meeting Sat. 29 Jan & 19 March T&G, Broad St B’ham 10am. Mary Simpson Chair WMCATUC and Coventry TUC activist has died suddenly. Send card.
2.3. Bilston Corridor Area action plan
2.4. Campaign for Labour Party Democracy reaffiliation £15 AGM 19 Feb – noted
2.5. Cuba Solidarity reaffiliation £40 ACTIONED + details of brigades
2.6. WMids CND reaffiliation £5 + £5 donation ACTIONED
2.7. Abortion Rights AGM 19 March
2.8. Palestine Solidarity AGM London 22-1-11
2.9. Telford TUC and Birmingham TUC minutes
Sent: Morning Star adverts placed
3) AGM news release to be done, refreshments for speaker. Hotel booked @£29
4) Secretary’s supplementary report & annual report – printed copy hard to read, full version online
5) March 26 demo – flyer printing – 10,000 A5 quattroprint 0871 288 4878 £130 slow, solopress fast £190
6) Workers Memorial Day 28-4-11 leaflet ready – check other local details with neighbouring TUCs – other comments? printing to be done
7) 1st May Workers Day – set meeting date – meet @ Pegasus?
8) Xmas Party – need final total to treasurer, poor sales by union branches, turnout reasonable but less money made.
9) future speakers Volunteers to arrange?
a) national/local NUS President? – await result of motion to students union by Bro.Sheridan seeking help with anti-fascist campaign.
b) Sis.Taylor to approach Len McClusky
c) Bro.Grant to approach Michael Mansfield QC
10) Suggested hold March meeting in Dunstall Comunity Centre and hold it as a public meeting to build for March 26th?