next WB&DTUC meeting
online Zoom delegate meeting
Thursday 18th June 2020
Black Lives Matter campaign debate at 8pm
Black Lives Matter
TUC - no return until safe
TUC - No one should have to return to work without “tough new measures” on safety
- TUC demands that all employers produce risk assessments before lockdown is eased
- New measures needed to give workers confidence as polling shows 2 in 5 workers are concerned about returning to work
- “Too many workers have already been forced to put their health on the line,” says union boss
Is your workplace COVID-Secure? Help test a new TUC risk assessment website
Can you help us test and develop a new TUC website to keep workers safe as our workplaces start up again after lockdown?
Union campaigning won a new government duty on employers to conduct Covid-Secure risk assessments if they have more than 5 staff. The guidance says they should also publish these on their websites if they have 50 staff.
But as there’s no central directory reporting on them, very few employers so far are publishing them, and we fear many are ignoring their duties altogether.
Bro. Des Halestrap NATFHE delegate to WB&DTUC (1990s) died on 1st May 2020, aged 88.
Wolves TUC featured in Art in Lockdown exhibition
Art in Lockdown invite inspires hundreds of creations
Your legal right to a safe place of work
Your employer is obliged under the law to provide you with a safe place of work.
Wolverhampton Palestine Solidarity Campaign
Now these regulations have been defeated, pension funds must live up to their moral duty, and commit to divest from any company or financial institution complicit in Israel's oppression of the Palestinian people.
PSC is asking LGPS pension holders to help
Over 75s free TV licence campaign
from 1st August 4 million older people are set to lose their free TV Licence.
Lee Barron, TUC Midlands Regional Secretary and Yvonne Washbourne, Chair of the TUC Midlands Pensioners Network have sent a joint letter to Midlands MPs, urging them to make TV licences free for over 75s.
TUC Women Chainmakers' Festival of Cradley Heath
2020 Women Chainmakers' festival
there is a virtual event organised. People will need to register for the event here:https://tinyurl.com/TUCchainmakers4July
Sunday Trading opposition
Sunday trading: Usdaw survey finds 92% of shopworkers oppose longer hours, with two-thirds pressured to work on Sundays
the TUC’s free festival of ideas in union organising.
Join activists and staff from across the TUC’s unions this July for 3 days of online events. From 9 to 11 July
Advice for Employees re Covid-19
dated 7 April
TUC plan to work our way out of recession
- TUC report A Better Recovery sets out plan to invest to grow – and rejects failed prescriptions of austerity, tax cuts and deregulation
- Call to emulate the post-war recovery which achieved stronger growth and lower national debt – TUC analysis
- Shadow Chancellor Anneliese Dodds to speak at today’s report launch (10am) The TUC has today (Wednesday) set out how the UK can recover from the coronavirus economic crisis, stop the despair of mass unemployment and set working families on a path to prosperity.
The poor will suffer the most in this epidemic
The new class divide – how Covid-19 exposed and exacerbated workplace inequality in the UK
Morning Star the left's daily paper, is co-operatively owned by it's readers and essential reading for all trade unionists