Secretary’s Supplementary Report for AGM January 2013
Wolverhampton, Bilston & District TUC www.wolvestuc.org.uk email@example.com
• 2013 WB&DTUC officer nominations received from UNISON General:
President (Chairperson) Marie Taylor – CYWU/Unite
Secretary Nick Kelleher – UNISON Gen
Treasurer John Grant – UCU
EC Sylva Sharkey, Jane Ceresa – UNISON Gen
• Elections to be taken at AGM for TUC Equality conference observers:
Women’s TUC Wed 13th – Fri 15th March [deadline 18-1-13]
Black Workers’ TUC Fri 12th – Sun 14th April
Disability TUC Wed 22 & Thurs 23 May
LGBT TUC Thurs 4 & Fri 5 July
• Elect our delegate Trades Union Councils conference Sat 1st & Sun 2nd June [deadline 26-4-13]
All of these conferences are taking place at Congress House, London.
• We can take nominations for the following Midlands TU Forums:
2. Black members’
7. Young Members’
• Nomination to be made for West Midlands TUCJCC rep [deadline 25-3-13]
• 18 branches still to re-affiliate.
Thanks to branches that have re-affiliated for 2013:
ASLEF Community 17000 Community Hall Palm Community (West Midlands) PCS(West Mercia) UCATT UNISON Acute UNISON General UNISON Police Staff UNITE (Finance &Legal)
If any branches have sent affiliations but are not listed let us know as there have been some postal problems recently.
Wolverhampton Palestine Solidarity Campaign are putting on a film evening on
Friday 18th January 7.15pm Friends’ Meeting House, 8b Summerfield Road.
The film is ‘Little Town of Bethlehem’, promoting the non-violent struggle for peace with justice for the Palestinian people.
Monday 21st January 7-9pm
Carr’s Lane Centre, Birmingham B4 7SX
Ken Keable speaks on his book “London Recruits: The Secret War Against Apartheid”
Defending the NHS workshop – Monday 11th February 6-8pm Civic Centre. There is no charge, but you must book.
LGBT History Month films -Saturday 16th February 7pm @the Hive, Shrewsbury SY1 1TE