Annual General Meeting minutes
Thursday 17th January 2008
attendance: BROTHERS: Clarke (POA), Farmer (UNISON General), Juss (GMB), Ash (UNISON General), Kelleher (UNISON General), Cole (NUT), Deacon (UNISON), Grant (UCU City College), Bostock (POA), Hardacre (ASPECT), Childs (CWU), Brookfield, Baynham (UNITE), Muir (CYWU/UNITE), Singh (UNITE), plus one other POA
SISTERS: Ceresa (UNISON General), Taylor (CYWU/UNITE), Welch (UCU)
Apologies: Brothers – Marriot (UNISON General), Marris (UNITE) Sisters – Petford (AMICUS),Halfpenny (NUT),
1. Apologies & welcome to new delegates
2. Minutes of 2007 Annual General Meeting no Matters Arising
3. Presidential Address – Bro.Cole reflected on previous and future activity for the year ahead
4. Reports: a] Secretary spoke to his written annual report and proposed activity and action points in line with the TUC’s Programme of Work
b] Treasurer – healthy balance reported, accounts still to be audited
5.Elections: None contested:
(a) President – Dave Cole.
(b) Vice President – Marie Taylor
(c) Secretary – Nick Kelleher
(d) Treasurer – John Grant
(e) Minutes Secretary – Marion Halfpenny
(f) Auditor – Adrian Turner
(g) Black Workers TUC observer -no nominations
(h) LGBT TUC observer – Bro. Deacon.
(j) Woman’s TUC observer – no nominations
(k) Disabled Workers’ TUC – no nominations
(n) Trades Union Council Annual Conference Delegates -Mike Hardacre
6. speaker: Steve Bostock, NEC Prison Officers’ Association on their first strike for 68 years and their campaign against the government’s plans to criminalise industrial action.